Teachers' terms and conditions (for latest developments see the Voice Website)
The main proposals are:
1. To pay supply teachers at point 1 of the Main grade scale for the first 15 days of cover; long-term supply would remain as at present.
2. The Chartered Teacher Scheme would be suspended for one year or even ended.
3. Lifetime conservation would be ended and replaced by cash conservation.
4. Probationers would have 0.8FTE class contact as opposed to the 0.7FTE as at present.
5. Sickness benenefit would be paid at 90% of salary from the first day of absence.
There are proposals to maintain teacher numbers as at the 2010 level less a maximum of 900, but there are no safeguards to ensure that local authorities stick to the figures, particularly as the staffing numbers are not known.
Voice's Scottish Executive Committee (SEC) is putting together its response to these proposals and we would like to hear teachers’ views so these can be taken to the meeting. Have your say below…
As budget cuts are being announced across Scotland, it is clear that classroom assistants are being targeted in a number of places.
Have your say on this issue below…
(Voice members in Scotland can also contact the Edinburgh office (email@example.com ) direct for advice or information.